The TOGAF 9.1 Certified (Level 1 & Level 2) course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course covers the curriculi of both levels 1 and 2. The Foundation level content enables participants to successfully complete the associated TOGAF Level 1 exam, known as TOGAF 9.1 Foundation. The certification provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology, structure, and basic concepts of TOGAF 9.1, and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF. And finally, the TOGAF 9.1, Level 2 content focuses on the practical application of the TOGAF framework; building upon the foundational knowledge and comprehension of Level 1 with practical scenarios that enforce the concepts.
- Interactivity guaranteed: Group Discussions, Think-Pair-Share, Brainstorming, and 2-Minute Paper Activities. Our course engages all types of participants, including the quieter lot, and encourages sharing of ideas and team building among the participants.
- Focus on effectiveness: Real-life Analogies, Formative Quizzes, Mind Maps, after-course study guide, and mock exams. This enhances the participants’ performance during the course, and focuses on their key strengths and areas of improvement. We also ensure that people pass the exam.
- Engaging: A central case study in the form of a comic strip and eFlash Cards are engaging ways to learn, recall, and retain. We do not serve up a boring 750-page TOGAF book, or 5 days of theory. We offer a truly engaging experience.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of TOGAF 9.1, e.g., System Integrators, Operational, Business and IT developers, CIO’s and IT Managers, Program and Project Leaders, IT Specialists, and Enterprise Architects.
- Professionals who work in an organization where TOGAF 9.1 has been adopted and who need to participate in architecture projects and initiatives.
- Enterprise Architects who will be responsible for developing architecture artifacts.
- Enterprise Architects who wish to introduce TOGAF 9.1 into an architectural practice.
- Enterprise Architects who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their detailed knowledge of TOGAF 9.1.
Individuals certified at this level have a demonstrated understanding of:
- The basic concepts of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- The core concepts and terminology used in TOGAF 9.1
- The concept of the Enterprise Continuum; its purpose and constituent parts
- The TOGAF certification program
- The ADM guidelines and techniques
- How each of the ADM phases contributes to the success of enterprise architecture
- The ADM phases in development of an enterprise architecture (and how to apply them)
- How Architecture Governance contributes to the Architecture Development Cycle
- How to apply Architecture Governance in development of an enterprise architecture
- How to apply the TOGAF Architecture Content Framework
- The concept of Building Blocks (and how to apply them)
- How to apply the Stakeholder Management Technique
- How to apply the TOGAF Content Metamodel
- How to apply TOGAF recommended techniques when developing an enterprise architecture
- The TOGAF Technical Reference Model and how to customize it to meet an organization’s needs
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- The content of the key deliverables of the ADM cycle
- How an enterprise architecture can be partitioned to meet the specific needs of an organization
- The purpose of the Architecture Repository
- How to apply iteration and different levels of architecture with the ADM
- How to adapt the ADM for security
- SOA as a style of architecture
- The role of architecture maturity models in developing an enterprise architecture
- The purpose of the Architecture Skills Framework and how to apply it within an organization
- Classroom: U-shaped setup preferred
- Whiteboard, flipchart, and projector
- Participants: Maximum of 16
(Virtual Classroom Software is provided by ITpreneurs for the VC course delivery)
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is strongly recommended that participants have some experience in the Enterprise Architecture domain. Note: to be certified on TOGAF 9.1 Level 2, candidates must have passed the TOGAF Level 1 exam.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the Participant Handbook, which contains reference materials.
About the Examination:
There are two possibilities for taking the exam. The candidate can take the Level 1 and Level 2 exams separately, or take the combined exam. The exam is a proctored exam—a proctor needs to be registered prior to taking the exam. Alternatively, exam vouchers can be provided for use at a testing center.
Level 1 Exam (details):
- The exam is closed-book format, and includes 40 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 55% (22 out of 40 questions). The exam lasts for 60 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
Level 2 Exam (details):
- The exam is open-book format, and includes 8 complex multiple-choice, scenario-based questions. The pass score is 60% (5 out of 8 questions). The exam lasts for 90 minutes and can be taken onsite (online) or through Prometric test centers.
Level 1 and 2 Combination Exam (details):
- This examination consists of two separate sections. The TOGAF 9.1 Part 1 is CLOSED Book. The TOGAF 9.1 Part 2, Section 2 is OPEN book. (Note at Prometric test centers an electronic copy of the specification is built into the test and becomes available in Part 2 only).
- Time limit: 150 Minutes total. Each section has a maximum time limit as follows: 60 Minutes on TOGAF 9.1 Part 1 and 90 Minutes on TOGAF 9.1 Part 2. Once you complete the TOGAF 9.1, Part 1 section, you cannot return to it.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Course Agenda 22