About This Course
Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace
cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages
of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and
various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics. Adobe® InDesign® CC has all
the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it,
whether it be in print or on the web.
Target StudentThis course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of
InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the functions of your computer’s
operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting
text, retrieving files, and saving files.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe® InDesign® CC to create and
deliver professional-looking printed and digital documents.
• Identify the elements of the InDesign interface.
• Create a new document.
• Customize a document by using graphics, colors, and styles.
• Manage page elements.
• Build a table.
• Prepare a document for delivery.
Getting Started with InDesign
• Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
• Customize the InDesign Interface
• Use the Navigation Controls
• Set Preferences
Designing a Document
• Create a New Document
• Add Text to a Document
• Add Graphics to a Document
Customizing a Document
• Format Characters and Paragraphs.
• Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients.
• Create and Apply Styles.
Working with Page Elements
• Arrange and Align Objects
• Use Layers
• Transform and Manipulate Objects
• Thread Text Frames
• Edit Text
• Create a New Table
• Modify a Table Structure
• Format a Table
Preparing a Document for Delivery
• Resolve Errors in a Document
• Print a Document
• Package a Document
• Export Files for Printing
• Export Files for the Web
Creating Documents for Multiple Formats
• Build Layout Variations
• Link Content
Managing Advanced Page Elements
• Create Repeating Content
• Work with Text Layouts
• Create Transparency
• Use Anchored Objects
• Manage a Library
• Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
• Create Nested and GREP Styles
• Apply Styles in a Sequence and Manage Overrides
• Redefine Styles and Break Style Links