MS 20740 – Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
This module describes how Hyper-V integrates with failover clustering. It also explains how to implement Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs) in failover clusters.
- Overview of the integration of Hyper-V Server 2016 with failover clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V VMs on failover clusters
- Key features for VMs in a clustered environment
Lab: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Configure iSCSI storage
- Configuring a failover cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a highly available VM
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe how Hyper-V integrates with failover clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V VMs on failover clusters.
- Describe the key features for VMs in a clustered environment.
About this Course
This five-day course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016.
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single five-day course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2016.
Candidates suitable for this course would be:
· Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
· IT professionals with general IT knowledge, who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server, especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals looking to take the Microsoft 70-740 certification exam, Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare and install Nano Server, a Server Core installation, and plan a server upgrade and migration strategy.
- Describe the various storage options, including partition table formats, basic and dynamic disks, file systems, virtual hard disks, and drive hardware, and explain how to manage disks and volumes.
- Describe enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation.
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers.
- Describe the high availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016.
- Plan, create, and manage a failover cluster.
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and plan for an NLB implementation.
- Create and manage deployment images.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience, such as experience as a Windows Server systems administrator.
- 1 Module 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads Preview
- 2 Module 2: Configuring local storage Preview
- 3 Module 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions Preview
- 4 Module 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication Preview
- 5 Module 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines Preview
- 6 Module 6: Deploying and managing Windows and Hyper-V containers Preview
- 7 Module 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery Preview
- 8 Module 8: Implementing failover clustering Preview
- 9 Module 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Preview
- 10 Module 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing Preview
- 11 Module 11: Creating and managing deployment images Preview
- 12 Module 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations Preview