MS 20532 – Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Module 9: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
Although you can manage most of the Azure services by using both of the Azure portals or Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, you can use scripting to completely automate the management of the same resources. This module will look at automating the lifecycle of the services by using client libraries, Windows PowerShell, REST, and the Resource Manager. Lesson 1, Azure SDK Client Libraries, briefly describes the client libraries that are available for managing and interacting with Azure services. Lesson 2, Scripting Azure Service Management by Using Windows PowerShell, describes the modules that are available for managing Azure services by using Windows PowerShell. Lesson 3, Azure REST Interface, introduces and describes the Service Management API. Lesson 4, Resource Manager, discusses the new Resource Manager in Azure and the concepts associated with the new method of managing resources.
- Azure SDK Client Libraries
- Scripting Azure Service Management by Using Windows
- Azure REST Interface
- Azure Resource Manager
Lab: Automating the Creation of Azure Assets using PowerShell and xPlat CLI
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the Azure software development kits (SDKs) and client libraries.
- Use Windows PowerShell to automate Azure service management.
- Describe the Service Management API and the steps to authenticate to the API.
- Use the Resource Manager to create resource groups and templates.
About this Course
This course is intended for students who have experience building ASP.NET and C# applications. Students will also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build application solutions.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- – Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- – Configure and deploy web applications.
- – Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery.
- – Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps.
- – Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
- – Create and manage a storage account.
- – Manage blobs and containers in a storage account.
- – Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- – Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database.
- – Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- – Create a virtual network.
- – Implement a point-to-site network.
In addition to their professional experience, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- – Compare the services available in the Azure platform
- – Configure and deploy web applications
- – Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery
- – Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps
- – Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- – Create and manage a storage account
- – Manage blobs and containers in a storage account
- – Create, configure, and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- – Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database
- – Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- – Create a virtual network
- – Implement a point-to-site network
- 1 Module 1: Overview of the Microsoft Azure Platform Preview
- 2 Module 2: Building Application Infrastructure in Azure Preview
- 3 Module 3: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform Preview
- 4 Module 4: Storing SQL Data in Azure Preview
- 5 Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency Preview
- 6 Module 6: Storing Tabular Data in Azure Preview
- 7 Module 7: Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage Preview
- 8 Module 8: Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus Preview
- 9 Module 9: Automating Integration with Azure Resources Preview
- 10 Module 10: Securing Azure Web Applications Preview