MS 20532 – Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
Module 8: Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus
With web applications presenting content and worker roles processing the logic, there needs to be a mechanism that facilitates the communication between these different entities. Microsoft Azure provides two queuing mechanisms that you can use for this purpose. Lesson 1, Azure Storage Queues, introduces the queue mechanism that is available in Azure storage accounts. Lesson 2, Azure Service Bus, introduces the Service Bus offering in Azure. Lesson 3, Azure Service Bus Queues, describes the queuing mechanism that is available in Service Bus and how it differs from Azure Storage queues. Lesson 4, Azure Service Bus Relay, describes the relay mechanism available to connect client devices to WCF services. Lesson 5, Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs, introduces the Notification Hubs service and infrastructure useful for pushing notifications to mobile devices.
- Azure Storage Queues
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Service Bus Queues
- Azure Service Bus Relay
- Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
Lab: Using Queues and Service Bus to Manage Communication Between Web Applications in Azure
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Describe Storage Queues service.
- Describe Service Bus.
- Describe Service Bus Queues service.
- Describe Service Bus Relay.
- Describe Notification Hubs service.
About this Course
This course is intended for students who have experience building ASP.NET and C# applications. Students will also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques, and approaches used to build application solutions.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- – Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
- – Configure and deploy web applications.
- – Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery.
- – Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps.
- – Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
- – Create and manage a storage account.
- – Manage blobs and containers in a storage account.
- – Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
- – Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database.
- – Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
- – Create a virtual network.
- – Implement a point-to-site network.
In addition to their professional experience, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
- – Compare the services available in the Azure platform
- – Configure and deploy web applications
- – Creating Azure Web Apps from the gallery
- – Deploying and monitoring Azure Web Apps
- – Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
- – Create and manage a storage account
- – Manage blobs and containers in a storage account
- – Create, configure, and connect to a SQL Databases instance
- – Identify the implications of importing a SQL standalone database
- – Manage users, groups, and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
- – Create a virtual network
- – Implement a point-to-site network
- 1 Module 1: Overview of the Microsoft Azure Platform Preview
- 2 Module 2: Building Application Infrastructure in Azure Preview
- 3 Module 3: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform Preview
- 4 Module 4: Storing SQL Data in Azure Preview
- 5 Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency Preview
- 6 Module 6: Storing Tabular Data in Azure Preview
- 7 Module 7: Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage Preview
- 8 Module 8: Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus Preview
- 9 Module 9: Automating Integration with Azure Resources Preview
- 10 Module 10: Securing Azure Web Applications Preview