Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications – MS 20486B
About this Course
In this course, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework
4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and
scalability of the Web site application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms
so that students know when each should/could be used. This course will also prepare the student for
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an
individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this
course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML
comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- • Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to
develop any given application.
- • Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- • Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods,
properties, and events.
- • Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select
and return Views.
- • Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and
- • Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio 2012 and configure
an application for troubleshooting.
- • Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a
logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- • Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web
- • Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application
and accelerate responses to user requests.
optimize the responsiveness of an MVC web application.
- • Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application.
- • Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and
- • Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- • Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- • Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- • Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development
computer to a web server for staging or production.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• A minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using
Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and
some familiarity with the C# language.
- 1 Module 1: Exploring ASP.NET MVC4 Preview
- 2 Module 2: Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 3 Module 3: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Models Preview
- 4 Module 4: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Controllers Preview
- 5 Module 5: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views Preview
- 6 Module 6: Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 7 Module 7: Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 8 Module 8: Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 9 Module 9: Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 11 Module 11: Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 12 Module 12: Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application Preview
- 13 Module 13: Using Windows Azure Web Services in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 14 Module 14: Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 15 Module 15: Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview
- 16 Module 16: Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications Preview