MS 20486 – Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
About this course
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models.
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events.
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views.
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers.
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio and configure an application for troubleshooting.
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users.
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application.
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests.
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC web application.
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences.
- Describe how to write a Microsoft Azure web service and call it from and MVC application.
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application.
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application.
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production.
Module 1: Exploring ASP.NET MVC 5
Module 2: Designing ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 3: Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Models
Module 4: Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Controllers
Module 5: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
Module 6: Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 7: Structuring ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 8: Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 9: Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 11: Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 12: Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Application
Module 13: Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 14: Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Module 15: Deploying ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications