MS 20472 – Identity with Windows Server 2016
Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Lab: Deploying and using certificates
- Configuring certificate templates
- Enrolling and using certificates
- Configuring and implementing key recovery
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Manage certificates deployment, revocation, and recovery.
- Use certificates in a business environment.
- Implement and manage smart cards
About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- – Install and configure domain controllers.
- – Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- – Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- – Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- – Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- – Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- – Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- – Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- – Deploy and manage certificates.
- – Implement and administer AD FS.
- – Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- – Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- – Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- – Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- – Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- – Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- – Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- – An awareness of basic security best practices.
- – Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- – Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
- 1 Module 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers Preview
- 2 Module 2: Managing objects in AD DS Preview
- 3 Module 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management Preview
- 4 Module 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication Preview
- 5 Module 5: Implementing Group Policy Preview
- 6 Module 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy Preview
- 7 Module 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services Preview
- 8 Module 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- 9 Module 9: Deploying and managing certificates Preview
- 10 Module 10: Implementing and administering AD FS Preview
- 11 Module 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS Preview
- 12 Module 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD Preview
- 13 Module 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS Preview