MS 20345-1 – Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
About this course
|This 5-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to administer and support Exchange Server 2016. Students will learn how to install Exchange Server 2016, and how to configure and manage an Exchange Server environment. The course covers how to manage mail recipients and public folders, including how to perform bulk operations using Exchange Management Shell. Students also will learn how to manage client connectivity, message transport and hygiene, how to implement and manage highly available Exchange Server deployments, and how to implement back up and disaster recovery solutions.
The course also teaches students how to maintain and monitor an Exchange Server 2016 deployment. In addition, students will learn how to administer Exchange Online in an Office 365 deployment.
This course is primarily intended for people aspiring to become enterprise-level messaging administrators for Exchange Server 2016. IT generalists and help-desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2016 might also take this course. Students taking this course are expected to have at least two years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of Windows Server administration, network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who take this course as preparation material for exam 70-345: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 certification.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform deployment and basic management of Exchange Server 2016.
- Manage Exchange Server 2016.
- Create and manage various recipient objects in Exchange Server 2016.
- Use Exchange Management Shell to create and manage various recipient objects in Exchange Server 2016, and perform various tasks to automate Exchange management procedures.
- Configure client connectivity to Exchange Server 2016, and manage Client Access services.
- Implement and manage high availability.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery for Exchange Server 2016.
- Configure message transport options.
- Configure message hygiene and security options.
- Implement and manage Exchange Online deployments.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Exchange Server 2016.
- Secure and maintain Exchange Server 2016.
Module 1: Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
Module 2: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 servers
Module 3: Managing recipient objects
Module 4: Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell
Module 5: Implementing client connectivity
Module 6: Module 6: Managing high availability in Exchange Server 2016
Module 7: Implementing disaster recovery for Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
Module 8: Configuring and managing message transport
Module 9: Configuring antivirus, antispam, and malware protection
Module 10: Implementing and managing Microsoft Exchange Online deployments
Module 11: Monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
Module 12: Securing and maintaining Exchange Server 2016