MS 10965 – IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager
About this course
This five-day course will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2016 Service Manager. Using hands-on labs, students will learn the following:
- Where Service Manager sits within the System Center 2016 product.
- What business and technical needs Service Manager is designed to meet.
- How Service Manager aligns itself to ITIL and MOF.
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2016 Service Manager deployment.
- How to upgrade an existing Service Manager 2012 R2 environment to System Center 2016.
- How to customize System Center 2016 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards.
- How to configure Incident and Problem Management.
- How to configure Activity, Change and Release Management.
- How to configure Service Requests.
- How to configure Service Level Management.
- How to customize the Self-Service Portal.
- How to configure Reporting and Analysis.
- How to troubleshoot Service Manager and perform disaster recovery.
- How to create customized Service Manager forms.
Audience profileThis course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2016 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2016 Service Manager.At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Service Manager 2016.
- Upgrade to Service Manager 2016.
- Install Service Manager 2016.
- Describe Service Manager usage cases.
- Configure base settings in Service Manager 2016.
- Configure Incident and Problem Management.
- Configure Activity, Change, and Release Management.
- Configure and Manage Service Requests.
- Automate business processes with Service Manager and Orchestrator.
- Configure Service Level Management.
- Customize the Self-Service Portal.
- Use Reports and Analyze Data in Service Manager.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and disaster recovery in Service Manager.
- Customize Service Manager Forms.
Module 1: Service Management Overview
Module 2: Installing System Center 2016 Service Manager
Module 3: Key Concepts and Features
Module 4: Configuring Service Manager for Your Environment
Module 5: Populating the Service Manager CMDB using Connectors
Module 7: Managing Changes and Releases
Module 8: Configuring and Managing the Service Catalog
Module 9: Automating Business Processes with Orchestrator
Module 10: Configuring Service Level Management
Module 11: Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service Manager
Module 12: Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery
Module 13: Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager