Information Technology Infrastructure Library
ITIL Foundation level offers an awareness of the Service Lifecycle stages and their contribution to Service Management practices. ITIL Foundation Certificate certifies that the candidate has gained knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management.
Course Duration and Structure
This is an intensive three-day course. It is instructor-led and classroom-based.
The objectives of the course are:
- – To understand the main concepts, processes, functions, benefits and challenges of ITIL V3.
- – To gain insight into the holistic Service Lifecycle approach at the heart of ITIL V3 and its close association with business strategy.
- – To understand how the ITSM processes and functions can help achieve business excellence.
- – To prepare participants for the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate examination.
The target group of the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- – Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- – IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
PRE ITIL BASICS
- – Understanding ‘IT’ Projects Failure Causes
- – Understanding view of ‘IT’ by Businesses
- – Proprietary Knowledge & Public Frameworks / Standards
- – ITIL v3 Qualification Scheme
- – ISO/IEC Standards
- – Understanding ITIL Benefits to organizations
- – Understanding Different Sourcing Strategies