ISO 27001 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course on Information Security Management System
Information being a valuable asset and a building block and key to the growth of any organization needs to be suitably protected like any other important business asset. In the modern world this asset becomes crucial for success and maintaining credibility.
If this asset is compromised then the organization may have to face various threats and risks like brand image erosion, business disruption, financial and productivity loss etc. Information security is the protection of information from a wide range of threats in order to ensure business continuity, minimize business risk, maximize return on investments and increase business opportunities.
The course will be conducted by our experienced lead auditors, who have audited numerous organizations. This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered auditor / lead auditor. The course is structured to provide the knowledge and skills required to assess the Information Security Management System of an organization with respect to the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard.
This comprehensive five-day course comprises of case studies, training, role-plays to ensure that the participant thoroughly understands the role of an auditor / lead auditor and acquires the expertise needed to perform effective audits. Participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with an CQI-IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered ‘Certificate Of Successful Completion.’
- Understanding the purpose of an Information Security Management System and the processes involved in establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an ISMS.
- Applying PDCA approach to information security management processes.
- Understanding the role and skills required by an auditor / lead auditor.
- Understanding auditing concepts and principles. Planning, conducting and reporting audits in accordance with ISO 19011.
Participants will be assessed throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc. and finally through a written examination at the end of the course. The examination is ‘closed book’ and only reference material allowed in the examination is a copy of the standard ISO 27001:2013 .
- The passing criteria: 70%.
CQI-IRCA Registered Certificate:
- TUV SUD South Asia as Approved Training Partner of CQI IRCA fulfills all compliances of the course PR 320 : ISMS ISO 27001:2013 Lead auditor holding training course reference No. 17829
- Participants who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued an CQI (Charted Quality Institute) & IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered certificate of successful completion of the course.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance from TÜV SÜD South Asia.
Duration: 5 days (40 Hrs)
- Information Security Practitioners, Head – IT
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Management System Consultants
- Information Security Management System Management Representative
- Information Security Managers and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving Information Security Management Systems
- Professionals who have a role to play in the implementation of Information Security Management System
The participants those who are interested to attend this course must have prior Knowledge for management system and principles and concepts of Information security Management.
Participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Management systems
Understand the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
- Information security management
knowledge of the following information security management principles and concepts:
- awareness of the need for information security,
- the assignment of responsibility for information security;
- incorporating management commitment and the interests of stakeholders;
- enhancing societal values;
- using the results of risk assessments to determine appropriate controls to reach acceptable levels of risk;
- incorporating security as an essential element of information networks and systems;
- the active prevention and detection of information security incidents;
- ensuring a comprehensive approach to information security management;
- continual reassessment of information security and making of modifications as appropriate.
- ISO/IEC 27001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 (with ISO/IEC 27002) and the commonly used information security management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 27000, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified ISMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
*Relevant proofs to be submitted
ISMS concepts and ISO 27001 standard
Roles and responsibility of auditors
Planning an audit
Conducting an audit
Reporting audit results
ISO 27001 registration
Exercises / Roleplay (50% of course time)